When you book your private sailing charter while vacationing in Hawaii it may well be the highlight of your vacation. It is astonishing how many times my clients have said that to me. That is thrilling. It is exactly why I have worked so hard to give people the best-kept charter vessel in the islands, AND the best private sailing charter experience. That was my goal when I set up up Sail Blue Hawaii LLC.
“This is the best time I have had in my entire life.”
-Kaelyn, age 7, CA
Why choose a private sailing charter?
There are so many reasons, but let me name a few:
- CoVid is still around. Your captain is vaccinated and boosted. How better to keep you and your loved ones safe. When you sail on “Kaikiwi”, a 42-ft Beneteau, you will feel so safe especially when you see the over-crowded catamarans.
- delight in pure trade wind sailing any time of day for as many hours as you want.
- whale sail. In winter, humpbacks are Hawaii’s most famous tourists, making their annual 3,500 mile trip from Alaska to the islands each December through April. We’ll set sail and hope to find these gentle leviathans.
- birthday parties
- corporate fun(ctions)
- very popular: summer only; Friday night pau hana fireworks cruise. Combine this with sunset and you have the perfect cruise.
- for romantics: sunset cruise: a beautiful time of day to be on the water.
- maybe you’ve just flown in from the East Coast and Waikiki doesn’t wake up early enough for you. Let’s catch sunrise over Diamond Head. Maybe we’ll see dolphins in the beautiful morning light.
- choose the one night of the month (or, the “blue moon” second night of the month) to sail from sunset to full moon. It is truly magical to see the full moon rise over Diamond Head after sailing into the sunset. Click moon phases to see full moon calendar.
- when the moon is close to its new phase, we have fabulous star-gazing. Set sail for sunset and a night sail. In winter months, the iconic Southern Cross can be seen.
- proposal: how more romantic can you get when you propose to your loved one while sailing into the sunset?
- weddings for romantics: there’s nothing more special than saying “I do” under a tropical sky while sailing into the sunset. Your captain will marry you with a personalized service on your own private yacht.
- renewal of vows: what a “wow” it is to say those vows again, to remember and re-ignite!
- sailing lessons: Help set the sails and take the helm if you like as you learn the “ropes” of sailing. The first thing you learn: they are not ropes. They are “lines.” Captain Gaelyn will assist you to build your skills and confidence. For all levels of sailing experience.
- memorials, ash scatterings and life celebrations