Sail Blue Hawaii (808) 347-0235
“DON’T DREAM YOUR LIFE, LIVE YOUR DREAM”
“So, where are we going?”
“We are going sailing.”
… with island-stops and remote anchorages, sailing Oahu and Maui county from home-base, Oahu. Where we go between day one and journey’s end will depend on wind and weather. You get to say how much land and sailing time you want. If all you want to do is sail, your wish is granted. If you want to take time to explore on land or have a day here and there to just hang out “on the hook”, then that’s what we’ll do.
Please understand this is adventure sailing…some call it “extreme” sailing…from easy light air and down-wind runs to upwind-sailing in strong winds and big seas. Yes, on some days, conditions will be challenging. Rest assured: your USCG-licensed captain has sailed these waters for years and the boat is a sturdy workhorse in these conditions. This is blue water sailing at its best as only Hawaii can offer.
Ideally, a multi-day charter in the Hawaiian Islands is perfect for sailors who have some ocean in their veins. That being said, if you are sailing as a newbie, all you need is a sense of adventure, love of the outdoors and “roughing it”, and your cheery disposition.
- A wonderful down-wind sail to west end (Makaha) where there is beautiful snorkeling and possible dolphin encounters.
- Kaneohe Bay, windward side Oahu. When you wake up here in the morning you will think you have reached nirvana.
sunrise over Chinaman’s Hat:
view from the top of Chinaman’s Hat:
- Overnight at Hale o Lono…a quiet non-descript anchorage but a walk ashore will find you on your own beautiful, private beach.
- Kaunakakai: the island’s only town. Guests often rent a car to drive the island perimeter and see the beauty of Molokai from the land perspective.
- Take a mule ride down to the Kalaupapa Peninsula. You’ll experience an incredible lesson in history and human endurance.
Suggested reading: “Molokai” by Alan Brennert.
Also, visit “http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalaupapa,_Hawaii“.
- Papohaku Beach: beautiful!
- North shore Molokai: the highest sea cliffs in the world rise 3,000 ft above sea level…awesome.
- Anchor on the remote “backside” at Nanahoa (Five Needles) and enjoy fabulous snorkeling.
- Menele Bay: beautiful beach with 5-star resort. Dolphins often come into the bay in the morning. After days on the boat, our guests love the feel of luxury if they wander up to the resort and often treat themselves to an evening at the piano bar or restaurant.
- If you’d like to visit “Garden of the Gods”, old Lanai town, or do some 4-wheel driving to remote Shipwreck Bay, this can all be arranged.
- Lahaina, an historic whaling village, is the stop for captain to replenish boat supplies, and guests to do a little shopping, browse classy art galleries, enjoy a restaurant and/or a cold beer at the historic Pioneer Inn. This is also the jumping off place for any touring you’d like to do: again, rental car is the way to go if you want to venture inland. Or, how about a HOG ride to the top of Haleakala (“House of the Sun”)!
- Honolua Bay on Maui’s northwest coast is a wonderful anchorage with more great snorkeling. Can you say:”humuhumunukunukuapua’a”???
So, come on sailor, LET’S GO SAILING!
Sign up for your Hawaii sailing adventure today!
Contact us for rates and schedules