You want to treat your family to a private boat tour while vacationing in Hawaii. How better than to choose a private sailing charter to keep your family safe and Covid-free. Not to mention experiencing the pure joy of sailing‼
At sea, on your Hawaii private sailing charter, you find a different and very unique way to see the island of Oahu. Sometimes “the best way to see Waikiki is from a distance”. Clients always chuckle and agree!!. Sit back, relax and take in the beautiful views of Oahu and Diamond Head. On clear days, far in the distance, you can see Molokai and Lanai.
You can’t bring your boat with you on vacation
You have a sailboat back home. It’s so frustrating to sit on the beach and watch the boats go sailing by. Your Hawaii private sailing charter with Sail Blue Hawaii will blow that frustration away and give you the supreme tradewind sail that only Hawaii can offer.
You have a boat back home but have never stepped aboard a sailboat! Now is your opportunity to have the experience you’ve always wanted. With an experienced and local-knowledge-savy skipper you can sit back and relax without the annoying sounds or smells of your back-home power boat. You might finally understand the reason why sailing is not about a destination”. “Destination” is sailing. You might even get hooked!
Because this is custom sailing, you can sail any time of day you want and whatever length of time you wish. Our islands are most consistently graced with trade winds so any time of day is a good time to go sailing…✨SUNRISE, morning, afternoon, SUNSET.✨ It is all good.
It’s your birthday! What better way to celebrate. Invite friends aboard for your own Honolulu private sunset cruise.
A private sunset sail is perfect for romantics. Any day is a good day for romance and how about ending the day with your own private sunset sail.
Once in a blue moon
3. The sunset sail is perfect. Then you look to the east and see the full moon rising over Diamond Head while sunset colors fill the clouds. This is a once-a-month bonus. But a blue moon is when we get a full moon twice in one month. No, the moon is not blue but this sure is a wonderful addition to you private sunset sail.
4. What better way to ask, what better way to say “I do”, as you sail into the sunset on your own private sailing charter.
5. Go sailing at sunset for no particular reason at all other than being out on the water at the best time of day.
SIGN UP TODAY for your Honolulu private sunset cruise. This could well be the highlight of your Hawaii vacation. Or, if you live on island, this could be the highlight of your year!
‘Tis the season to sail with whales off the waters of Waikiki on your own private whale watch. A whale sail in winter months can be truly astonishing. Humpbacks are Hawaii’s most famous tourists, making their annual 3,500 mile trip from Alaska to the islands each December through April. We’ll set sail and hope to find these gentle leviathans.
FACTS ABOUT HUMPBACK WHALES.
• The humpback whale is one of Hawaii’s most iconic creatures (it was once the state mammal) and can be found in the waters of all the main islands during winter season. They come to Hawaiian to give birth. That calf stays with mum for the next 12 months.
• The humpback whale is the fifth largest of the great whales.
• When preparing for a deep dive, humpbacks arch their back and raise their tail flukes above the water. The whale’s arched back appears above the water as it dives. It is this arching that has earned the humpback whale its common name.
• A humpback’s pectoral (side) fins can be up to 15 feet long, and are one third its body length.
• Adult female humpbacks can be up to 45 feet long. Males are generally 42 feet long.
• A mature humpback can weigh up to 45 tons (90,000 lbs).
• Baby humpbacks (calves) are generally 10 to 15 feet long and average 2,000 pounds at birth. They gain 100 pounds a day on their mothers rich milk.
• Humpbacks swim tremendous distances during their migrations: up to 7,000 miles round-trip between their summer feeding areas of the North Pacific and their winter breeding grounds in Hawaii.
• Humpback whales can live up to 95 years, eat anywhere from 2,000 to 9,000 pounds of fish and krill each day. Have you ever seen the bumper sticker: “SAVE THE KRILL” :-).
• While in Hawaiian waters humpbacks do not eat! Can you imagine spending that much time and energy without so much as a snack?
• Most humpbacks remain in Hawaii for 6-8 weeks, with some extending their “vacation” to late May or early June.
• It’s not uncommon for curious humpback whales to come up alongside the boat, or even swim beneath it. Captains nicknamed these events “whale muggings” because legally they cannot move the boat until the whale has departed!
• Male Humpbacks have been witnessed using glancing rostrum blows, lateral fluke swipes, bubble streaming, head lunging, and various vocalizations during mating challenges. These competitions can range in size from three whales to two dozen and are an amazing sight to witness.
The Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary supports management, research, education and long-term monitoring for the endangered humpback whale. Check out their website for more facts and ways you can contribute to whale welfare.
Give Sail Blue Hawaii a call today and sign up for your own private Waikiki whale watch
It’s July and Hawaii’s tourism is back and everyone (almost) is signing up for and loving a private sunset cruise.
Last night’s sunset cruise was a celebration of a young man’s graduation and birthday. What a great way to celebrate and in your own safe bubble! Whether its a day-sail or a sunset cruise, there is nothing better than being out on the water. The peace and tranquility will treat you.
A private sailing charter to remember
Sailing on Kaikiwi last night, what we didn’t expect to see were rainbows. That’s a winter thing…this is July! The rainbows followed us most of our sunset cruise. They were powerful and beautiful and most of them were double.
Give Sail Blue Hawaii a call and sign up for your own private sunset cruise, whether to celebrate something special or to just BE…out on the water where everything is magical.
Honolulu sailing, where any time is a good time to be on the water. Highlight your Hawaii vacation aboard a sailboat in the pacific ocean. Above all, here is our recommendation on the 5 best Honolulu private sailing charter ideas.
Private Sail in Honolulu Hawaii
A tradewind sail. Because this is custom sailing, we can sail any time of day you want AND whatever length of time you wish! Our islands are most consistently graced with tradewinds so any time of day is a good time to go sailing…sunrise, morning, afternoon, or sunset! IT”S ALL GOOD!
A private sailing charter to take in the beautiful views of Oahu and beyond. Beautiful views of Oahu, Diamond Head and, on clear days, far in the distance, Molokai and Lanai can sometimes be seen. This is not “destination” sailing. “Destination” is sailing.
A private day-sail to capture the sightings of marine life. “Kaikiwi” sails from Oahu’s south (protected) shore, not far from Waikiki, past beautiful coastline in the cobalt blue blue waters of our Pacific. Wildlife such as green sea turtles, “honu”, dolphins, “nai’a”, humpback whales, “kohola” (in winter season only), and flying fish, “malolo” are some of the critters we may see as we sail.
Birthday celebrations at sea. What better way to celebrate that special day then aboard a private yacht charter in Honolulu?
Corporate Events. Celebrate with the team onboard a luxury sailing yacht in Honolulu. How better to raise moral and reward them for a job well done?
In conclusion, there are many reasons to come sailing with us beyond these 5 best Honolulu private sailing charter ideas…beauty, serenity, exciting tradewind sailing, family time. The reasons are endless. WE know you will have the highlight of your Hawaii vacation on your Honolulu private sailing charter.