Celebrate Dad!. On Sunday, I had the delight of taking a family of six out on an eight-hour privater sailing charter. “Eight hours?’ you say “way too long”. Yes for many, but not this family. The day dawned glorious and with flat seas and light wind we throw off the bowlines and sailed south without a care in the world. As the private sailing charter progressed, the winds increased but stayed moderate even outside the notorious Diamond Head windline. What a spectacular day. “This was my best Father’s Day yet. Mahalo for making it so special”. My pleasure!
2. Celebrate LOVE. Last week, at sunset, John brought his girlfriend aboard Kaikiwi for their very own private sailing charter. It was a surprise for her but that wasn’t the only surprise she was getting that evening. There was a ring involved. Just before sunset, he got down on his knee ( a hard thing to do on a moving sail boat) and proposed. She said “YES!!” You too can make your proposal the highlight of your lifetime by choosing a private sunset cruise. Sailing is the most romantic type of boating.
Check out my Tube channel for an idea of how to propose aboard your private sailing charter:
A birthday surprise sailing charter will be remembered forever
3. Celebrate a birthday. Carmen called me to book a private sailing charter as a surprise for her husband’s birthday and what a surprise it was. He had tears in his eyes as he boarded Kaikiwi. He had always wanted to sail, had watched videos and talked about it as a dream but never thought he could have it. Carmen made it happen and they will be back for more sailing.
4. Celebrate your Hawaii vacation. Perhaps you have never sailed before and the thought of it is hugely outside your comfort zone. An easy boat tour may be all you want and I can certainly accommodate that. Whether or not we raise sail, we can do an easy boat tour up the coast to check out the island of Oahu from a different angle and her marine life! Just explain your booking needs when you call and you will be completely taken care of.
5. Celebrate life. If you are a serious sailor, a full sail private sailing charter is for you! Yes, this is where we go full out, heel over and let the wind take Kaikiwi to her finest sailing ability. She is a perfect sailing machine for Hawaii waters.
Give Sail Blue Hawaii a call for all your boating needs and you will have your own private sailing charter customized just for you.
Whether you just want a boat tour to discover the beautiful coastline or you are a seasoned sailor wanting a full sail adventure, I can accommodate your every wish when you choose a private sailing charter in Honolulu, Hawaii.
With exquisite tradewinds and blue skies there is no better place on the planet than Honolulu to indulge in a private sailing charter/ boat tour.
Why choose a private sailing charter in Honolulu, Hawaii?
3. Safety first! You are sailing in your own private bubble. How perfect is that in these unusual times.
4. A private sailing charter/ boat tour in Honolulu, Hawaii is the best way to see Waikiki…from a distance!
5. A private sailing charter/ boat tour may well be the highlight of your Hawaii vacation.
So come on, sailor or tourist, pick up the phone and call Sail Blue Hawaii for your private sailing charter/boat tour in Honolulu, Hawaii. You won’t be disappointed!
American Magic may be out, but the race to the America’s Cup continues. Whether you’re an avid Cup follower or just interested in sailing lessons to learn the ropes, this is one of the most exciting events in yachting.
Talking about “learning the ropes,” the first thing you learn in boating is that they are “lines”, not ropes. A rookie shows who s/he is because their ease (or lack of) with the nautical language will give them away in a heartbeat. And there is nothing wrong with being a rookie…we all start at the beginning. Boating, and especially sailing lessons, do indeed have its own language and it is learned over time by just being around sailors and being onboard. Sit back and listen and you can learn a lot through osmosis. Participate, ask questions, listen and learn and you will soon be talking this language too. What fun!
About the photo… You can understand from the way the docklines are tied what kind of boater each is. You can even sum up how they handle their boat and, perhaps, how “bristol” (shipshape) their boat is. Two different styles, indeed! I know whose boat I want to sail on.
Come on over to Sail Blue Hawaii for some Oahu sailing: sit back, relax, indulge yourself in a private sailing charter and the gift of “just being out there” and I bet you go home with some of that nautical language in your head, whether you want it there or not. 😉
Specializing in Private Sailing Tours on Oahu but also offering all popular boat charters and sailing instruction in Honolulu. Remember, before you go buy that sailboat, come sail with me! Whether you are a beginner or need continued instruction, you’ll learn the important skills to gain confidence in Hawaiian waters.
So, if your dream is to sail the Waikiki coast or beyond that horizon a multi-day charter is perfect. We will introducing you to all important aspects of sailing and living aboard. Your personalized lesson is waiting for you!